Thursday, March 31, 2011

Make Face

Donna Mills in "The Eyes Have It."

Currently I'm breaking out a little (something that doesn't occur very often) and my face doesn't understand why the weather is changing in such a schizophrenic way, more so than usual. Right now it feels like a Bay Area summer (70+ degrees), I'm in shorts and I'm wearing "summer makeup."
I realized that I never talk about what I put on my face, so it seems weird that I never talk about it. Perhaps it's a bit too personal for me.
Like many women, I love makeup. I don't wear very much of it or have much variation in what I wear, but it is something that I enjoy on a daily basis. And I definitely have a specific look.


Photobucket

The beautiful woman above, besides having the most amazing leather jacket and style, has on my favorite makeup look. Bright face, strong brows, smoldering copper eyes and a matte, bright red lip.

Here's what I use on a daily basis:
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

1.  Matte Lumière Fluide in Clair. I used to be so anti-foundation until now. I've been using Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer for years since it has sheer coverage and doesn't feel like I'm wearing any makeup, but now I only want to wear it in weather like today. Since I'm 25+, my skin is a bit drier around my cheeks and forehead. I bought Mercier's Silk Creme Foundation and this one from Chanel. I love both, but think I like the Chanel better since it has a dewier finish and isn't as thick.
2.  Nars blush in Gina. This is better than Orgasm in my opinion. Orgasm is too shimmery and I hate frost and shimmery makeup. Gina has a beautiful peach pink flush.
3.  Mac eyeshadow in Bark. I actually use this as a brow filler. It's a brown with a bit of some grey in it.
4.  Nars eyeshadow in Lola Lola, a copper that makes a beautiful brown smokey eye. I rarely wear shadow, but when I do, it's usually this one.
5.  Mac lipstick Ruby Woo. I alternate between this, Nars Red Square pencil, Mac's So Chaud, a bright reddish-orange and Heat Wave by Nars, which is a orange-red. Does that make sense?

Then liner liner liner, mascara and Jurlique Toner Mist (I love all their mists). It's actually really low maintenance. It takes me about 5 minutes to apply. When I'm going out, I sometimes wear Ardell Accents corner lashes in 301 (natural) or 305 (bold). That's about as adventurous as I get.

As for application? I love informative, youtube makeup tutorials from pixiwoo and raeview.

images via the satorialist, chanel cosmetics, yesstyle, bloomingdales

No comments:

Post a Comment