Monday, March 7, 2011

Tender Life



Michael trying to take a picture, but made a home movie instead. LOL. I was going to edit out all the background noise, but I actually like it. I wish we could be complete voyeurs and film the tables surrounding us at this brunch spot, particularly the super intellectual couple sitting next to us who kept scoping us out/listening in on our conversation in that creepy LA sorta way. The larger group on our other side seemed like people who were having a good time stuffing their faces. We sat a little closer to them.

IMG_1199
Much better. Can you tell that I'm frozen solid? Explains the double-fisted hovering and shaking over this big cup of coffee. I've heard East Coasters telling me that no matter how cold it is back home, San Francisco winters still get to them. I can understand why. We waited an hour outside for a table at Brenda's an one of the chilliest blocks in our neighborhood. If you've never heard of it, it's a French soul food place in our neighborhood and it is spectacular. You can't see it in this picture, but I'm sitting meditation-style. I'm that comfortable here.

IMG_1201
Chocolate beignets!

IMG_1207
band of outsiders shirt, filippa k pullover, levi's twill trousers, vintage coat and shoes (not shown)

No one told me until now that I was dating David Byrne. I've dated/gotten to know a few young guys (of all ethnic backgrounds) with salt and pepper hair. It's hot. As hot as someone wearing Junya.

IMG_1209
People get the wrong impression of the Tenderloin. There is violence, prostitution and some scary, scary drug deals/druggies in the neighborhood. But, for the most part, it's just normal young people and families living pretty ordinary lives. Plus we sometimes get cool murals.

IMG_1214
 secondhand men's sweatshirt worn as a dress, h&m overcoat, karen walker helter skelter sunglasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment