Friday, May 1, 2009

What Was Broken

will now be fixed...

My oven is being repaired as of this moment by a very sweet old man. Most of the dishes and desserts on my weekly menus (yes we have weekly menus in this house!) require access to my oven. Food choices have been reduced to "do you just want to get burritos?" for this week. That's fine, but no fun for me since I love baking. In a few moments it's back to soufflés, coffee crème brûlées and apple pies.

I think in celebration, I will make some macarons.

What is needed:

pierre herme

My mother is fluent, she can help me translate!

+

Photobucket

If only my tools were this beautiful

+

Photobucket

+

Photobucket


+

Photobucket

+

Photobucket

+

Photobucket

+

Photobucket

add rose water, yes!

+

Photobucket

+

Photobucket

+

Photobucket

=


pierre herme


If you live in SF, aren't interested in baking, just eating them, you can grab yummy, chewy macarons at Miette in the Ferry Building. Their pastries and cakes look as adorable and colorful as their shop. They aren't legendary Ladurée macarons, but the closest thing this way of SF and delicious none-the-less (right across the way is Blue Bottle Coffee. Their cups of Java look and taste like perfection!)

images from the Selby's series for Pierre Hermé, a pastry chef GOD as well as Scharfenberger Chocolate and random ingredient images for google

No comments:

Post a Comment