Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
images via tumblr and dazed and confused

Right now I'm really into low ponytails, strong, subtle prints and bobs.

I'm pretty sick of literal 90's fashion translations everywhere in the city. It's so boring to me and lacks in imagination and polish. Floral dress+leather jacket+Doc Martins. It's on everyone. Not everyone in the 90's was into "grunge" and just because grunge is trendy now doesn't mean girls have to be so literal with it.

This is FACT: Boys in SF dress so much better. The shopping is better for guys here too. San Francisco girls shop at Lululemon and H&M, think James Perse is fashionable, dress according to their favorite celebrities and wear yoga pants with everything. Conversations with stylish men about fashion is almost always intelligent. Conversations about fashion with girls is almost always superficial. Guys notice that my over-sized-horse-blanket coat is "Chloe inspired." Girls just look at me confused.

These facts make me so thankful for shops like Metier, MAC and Acrimony. If they weren't here, I'd do something crazy like move to LA Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment