Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Undercover SauerKRAUT

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Do fashion people "get" these music references?

I often fantasize that someday, people who like fashion and people who like good music will merge. No more separation of fashion friends and music nerd friends. I know it is possible, but I can't talk about Pheobe Phillo or my love of cutie Kiko Mizuhara with my music buddies over the turntables. I can't listen to anymore Lady Gaga references when I'm hanging out with my best dressed gays. Its like I'm living secret lives.

The two places on earth where tons of regular people know their shit when it comes to music is a) Europe and b) Japan. I always think that Japanese designers and Dutch/English designers are ahead of the game, intellectually speaking. They aren't trying to sell us commercial trends like most brands, and sometimes I get the hint that their collections are like a huge middle finger to designers who are in it to sell pretty. I may or may not be on to something.

Whatever it is, Jun Takahashi listens to a lot of Krautrock and watches a lot of cheese sci-fi films and I like him for that. No, this isn't his best presentation, but it sure put a smile on my face.


No comments:

Post a Comment