Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Versicolor

Undercover Men's Fall 2009
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Always count on Japanese designers like Jun Takahashi to blow our minds for month's before the fall season even starts. The men's line was inspired by Joy Division (I just so happen to be listening to "Colony" at work).


I'm sort of over the black parade that has taken over my wardrobe these past few months. People always ask me why I wear so much black, white and grey during the spring and summer months. I always thought I should save more interesting, colorful clothing for autumn, my favorite season of the year.

Undercover Women Fall 2009

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

The natural color change in fall so inspiring and rich. This coming season, I think I will stick to the season's natural color scheme for fall. Lots of blood orange, rust shades, cream and deep forest green. Black will be more of an accent color here and there. A mixture of Undercover coziness with little pops of Yohji red. My beloved Ann D's mystic romanticism from her fall 2009 show too inspires my next fall purchases (particularly her incorporation of feathers, leather corsets and that fairytale theme that made that show so pretty). I'm really excited.

images from Undercover lookbook and runway show, nytimes.com and hypebeast

No comments:

Post a Comment