Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Movies With Style: Une Femme Est Une Femme

Photobucket

I'm probably one of the biggest Godard fans you will ever meet (I have a small collection of his films of what I can afford, I make references to his movies on a daily basis to the chagrin of my loved ones and day dream about being Anna Karina's character, Angéla).

Photobucket

My love of fashion is heavily influenced by the styles and colors featured in all of his films. Godard's on-going color theme of red, white, primary blue and yellow are constantly part of my everyday style (besides black). And, I always watch Une Femme Est Une Femme when I'm happy, sad, blue, anal, gloomy, excited, hungry. Basically, I live with this particular film in mind.

Everything about this movie is perfection. The styling, clothes, apartment, scenes, Charles Aznavour's music. It even features a beautiful road bike.

Photobucket



French label AGNES B built their empire on Anna Karina and her look.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are my favorite scenes.







I even got M to make references to this movie (he often says, "quoi?!!!" in the way Jean-Claude Brialy's character, Emil, say it). Sometimes we fight like this too.



images from my own personal collection of Godard images (yes, I have a folder of just Godard) and AGNES B images from Scout Holiday.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post. I love Godard but haven't seen this film yet. Will go out and rent it ASAP!

    xxx,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. youhave good taste .

    i however fail to be inspired by anything but my best friend


    visit us at
    weweredamsels.blogspot.com
    (if you'd like Lol)

    ReplyDelete