Friday, February 20, 2009

Style Iconoclast: Ira Glass

Photobucket
It's weird to think that it took me 25 years to discover I have a "type" that I'm attracted to. My first crush was a teenage John Cusack who was too tall, too thin, too pale, too old for most 4 year old girls to be crushing on. But, for some reason, he had a quality I liked.
Photobucket
Men who are: thin, vegetarian, intellectual in an unpretencious way, have taste, dress well, eat well, have great record collections, enjoys a good book or two, hates "machismo-ness," looks good in suits and has white sprinkled into their dark hair, despite their youth.
Photobucket
These men have a spokesperson and his name is Ira Glass.

He has an ageless, nonchalant, smart voice. When he laughs into the mike, it was to the kinds of moments, the kinds of things you would find attractive for a guy to laugh at.

Photobucket

I don't know if he is a big record collector. He is related to Phillip Glass and that, my friends, is close enough for me.
Photobucket
And their are legends of us who love these men (but I hate women who call them "nerd crushes." So normally do they like douche bags and bros?)

Photobucket

M could be Ira Glass for Halloween. All he has to do is wear a tie.

p.s. Lynda Berry is an idiot.

All images of Mr. Fineness, google. Check out his radio show/tvshow if you haven't (you crazy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment